[OSM-dev] OpenStreetMap Cartographic: A client-side rendered OpenStreetMap Carto

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Tue May 26 08:42:45 UTC 2020

On 2020-05-26 10:15, Paul Norman via dev wrote:
> On 2020-05-25 1:15 a.m., Maarten Deen wrote:
>> Still, it looks to be a very simplified subset of the complete data.
>> So I'd be interested to see how this works on a full dataset.
>
> No, it has the full data except for admin boundaries and bay/straight
> names on zoom 7 and 8. When you compare it to OpenStreetMap Carto
> they're pretty similar. There are some labeling differences with sizes
> of labels and when labels come in, but those don't have anything to do
> with performance or size.

No, that's not what I'm seeing. I am seeing very basic and rectangular
landuses, obviously simplified, along with waterways, railways,
motorways, trunk, primary secondary roads and they too have been
simplified, to the extent that parallel ways on motorways are now
crossing eachother.

This is in my area:
https://pnorman.dev.openstreetmap.org/cartographic/mapbox-gl.html#12.14/51.36196/6.08322
https://imgur.com/a/WcYlVUc