[HOT] Why we fail mapping Ivory Coast ?

Brad Neuhauser brad.neuhauser at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 15:28:31 BST 2011

Here's a couple additional ideas:

   - Looking at the other Current projects listed on the HOT page
   http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Hot#Current, they all have a OSM wiki
   page which explains what the crisis is, what areas are affected, what
   imagery/maps are available, what the most valuable ways are to contribute,
   etc.  On the Ivory Coast page, there's a lot about data sources, but not
   much on what to do (which to me really helps people convert their effort
   into the maximum impact).
   - In scanning through the last few months of posts on the HOT list, Ivory
   Coast has rarely been mentioned (before this thread, 3 messages in 2011 that
   I saw).
   - In addition to the Japan crisis, Libya has also drawn a fair amount of
   attention.

Thanks for bringing this up,
Brad