[HOT] Simulation in Samoa

Pierre Béland infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr
Thu Dec 1 14:39:40 GMT 2011

Pierre

See the relation http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/1872673

I created this relation prior to creating the task yesterday. But the Task manager was not able to use this relation. To be able to create the job, I have defined a rectangle with the mouse.  As I see, it is not possible to revise the area once the task is created.

This morning I started a new job. An the same problem arises. I cannot click on the Create the Job button (no hyperlink).

Pierre

New Job
Title  xxx

Area of interest
Area
 OSM relation     1872673   Note: You already know an OSM which delimits the area.
 Bounding box                  Note: You can draw a box on the map or enter it manually to define the area. Hold down shift to draw a bounding box across the map.
Zoom level  10

Imagery URL
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-13.823&lon=-172.152&zoom=9&layers=M

Pierre GIRAUD wrote on 2011-12-01  09:05:05

Just a quick note. To create jobs for the tasking manager more efficiently, it would probably be better to configure the jobs with a relation. I had a quick look this morning to check if there were already one for the Samoa Island. Unfortunately, there's none apparently. Though, it shouldn't be that difficult to create one.
The main goal is to avoid the ocean only tiles.
Does it make sense?

And once again, please write down any feedback. I definitely want the tasking manager to be as powerful and easy to use as possible.

Pierre