[HOT] Fwd: Re: Samoa Simulation

Jean-Guilhem Cailton jgc at arkemie.com
Sun Dec 4 07:30:32 GMT 2011

Forwarding Dave's answer to the list, to which it was copied, but maybe
he is not subscribed.

I think Dave's answer makes the intents clear.

Mike, I am not a lawyer, and your jurisdiction may vary, but since you
ask for an explanation: technically, I don't think that using a dataset
to check or adjust the position of imagery is enough to make mapping
traced from the imagery a derived work of the dataset (in the sense that
it would convey legal rights).

Jean-Guilhem