[HOT] Hi-Res GeoTiff or other raster map for Haiti

Olivia Stinson oliviastinson at architectureforhumanity.org
Tue Dec 6 21:21:06 GMT 2011

Thanks Jaakko! Actually we are using OSM to gather a bunch of mapping data,
but we need the aerial to make our own maps also, off of OSM - that's why I
was looking around for this.

I noticed the Bing page has coverage of the area we are working on for the
South Commune, actually. Maybe we can buy that, but I have no clue about
cost.

Maybe you can help me with a suggestion. We need to go driving around rural
Haiti actually to map a bunch of stuff we are going to be putting onto OSM
eventually. BUT we really don't have a way to navigate as yet. We are
getting new GPS units tomorrow, a kind that Severin suggested we get... but
I have not seen them yet so don't know about using them for this. Our other
little GPS was too simple to load maps.

What would you suggest for navigating? Stitching together and printing out
GoogleEarth files so we can see where we are? There seem to be a few roads
on there..

Thanks and cheers from Petion-Ville!! :)

Olivia

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 3:27 PM, Jaakko Helleranta.com <jaakko at helleranta.com

--
Olivia Stinson
Urban Planner
oliviastinson at architectureforhumanity.org
Skype: dawa313

Architecture for Humanity is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that
seeks architectural solutions to humanitarian crisis and brings design
services to communities in need. If you'd like to learn more about our
organization, please visit: http://www.architectureforhumanity.org