[HOT] Fwd: [CrisisMappers] Egypt + Tunisia + Jordan + ?

nicolas chavent nicolas.chavent at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 14:40:18 GMT 2011

Hi there-

I found the below thread in Crisis Mappers about Egypt and Tunisia and
mapping political crisis interesting.
On our side, I think that the answer is just supporting the continuation of
the OSM project in those territories with as always the question about the
level of resources we can invest in this.
Most of the reported actions happening in the heart of the major cities this
can lead to improving the mapping of those cities.
It's unlikely that our classic outreach actions towards vector data will be
successful to bring in good open vector data, perhaps we can get more luck
with Spot on imagery if yahoo and bing can be complemented.
Any thoughts?
Ciao

Nicolas