[HOT] [CrisisMappers] Please help map Egypt

Katie Filbert filbertk at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 16:16:45 GMT 2011

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 11:12 AM, Mikel Maron <mikel_maron at yahoo.com> wrote:

> There's interest in using OSM for geolocating Twitter streams by Meedan.
> Could lead to a virtuous circle, identifying specifically where mapping data
> is needed. I know the NYTimes has uses OSM a couple times in coverage of
> Tunisia and Egypt.
>
> We have good contacts in the Egyptian community, who are of course cut off
> from communication right now. Does anyone know Tunisian mappers? And if we
> were to help support mapping in Amman, I have some contacts there too.

Cleaned up the WikiProject Egypt wiki page, and it can be used for
coordinating who's mapping where:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Egypt

Though, there are so many places to map that it's probably fine just to pick
a place and dive in.  In case you see someone else mapping with you, then
coordinate more.

-Katie

--
Katie Filbert