[HOT] Dubaisat-1 data on Japan / Sendai / Fukushima / Chiba

Peter STUMPF Peter.STUMPF at unoosa.org
Sat Mar 26 07:40:38 GMT 2011

Hey, thanks for mentioning, We'll exchange the links, too on the page.
I asked also for more information on the imagery. As soon as I get
something, I'll let you know, post it to this group.
Cheers,
Peter

https://twitter.com/#!/UN_SPIDER

Peter Stumpf

Associate Expert

UN-SPIDER
United Nations Platform for Space-based Information
for Disaster Management and Emergency Response

UNOOSA
United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs

Hermann-Ehlers-Str. 10
53113 Bonn
Germany

e-mail: peter.stumpf at unoosa.org
Internet: http://www.un-spider.org

Alan Mintz <Alan_Mintz+OSM at Earthlink.Net>
Saturday, 26 March 2011 06:45

hot at openstreetmap.org
cc
Peter STUMPF/VIENNA/UNO at UNOV
Subject
Re: [HOT] Dubaisat-1 data on Japan / Sendai / Fukushima / Chiba

At 2011-03-24 10:57, Peter STUMPF wrote:
>We're happy to offer 8 Dubaisat-1 scenes of Sendai, Fukushima and Chiba
by
>EIAST (http://www.eiast.ae)
>Find the tif - files and the according information on the UN-SPIDER
>Knowledge Portal.
>The geotif-files are each ca 200MB in size.
>http://www.un-spider.org/japan-pacific search for "dubaisat".
>There are no restrictrions on using the data.  So please go ahead.
>We hope the imagery is of help to the community!
>Peter

Note that the Tiff and Details links for the last two items are reversed -

i.e. the links for Fukushima point to Chiba-oil and vice-versa.

It would be nice to have metadata about the images in the table - at least

resolution and area - to be able to know whether it's useful for a
particular purpose.