[HOT] Including natural hazards in the HOSM data model?

Stéphane Henriod s at henriod.info
Sat Apr 7 18:53:22 BST 2012

Thanks David,

If I understand correctly, your position on this issue is that:

   - Creation of OSM-compliant natural hazard data should be encouraged
   - This data might not be stored in the main OSM repository (planet.xml)
   - This data should be consistent with existing tags and ontologies
   - This data should be rendered with appropriate symbology

In other words, we should aim at a fork-project (openhazardmap.org for
instance) that will:

   - Store specific hazard-related data
   - Store TMS specifications for appropriate rendering
   - Mashup the hazard data on appropriate data from planet.xml

Am I right? Anyone having a different opinion?

Cheers,

Stéphane
--
"Le mot progrès n'aura aucun sens tant qu'il y aura des enfants malheureux"
-- Albert Einstein

"A journey does not need reasons. Before long, it proves to be reason
enough in itself. One thinks that one is going to make a journey, yet soon
it is the journey that makes or unmakes you." -- Nicolas Bouvier

Photos de voyages, photos de montagne: http://www.henriod.info