[HOT] Tasking Manager - Un-gridded jobs

Jean-Guilhem Cailton jgc at arkemie.com
Fri Apr 13 18:54:04 BST 2012

Hi Pierre,

This is a great functionality. When you go for a survey on the ground,
for example, it is much better to have tasks delimited by streets (or
other natural boundaries) than a square grid.

I am wondering whether it would be possible for you to allow the task
boundaries to be uploaded from a shape file.

One use case for this would be OrbView-3 satellite coverage of Mali,
where hundreds of scenes could be available, and where it would be nice
to be able to coordinate the work of checking them for populated places
and roads they may contain.

Other use cases would not be difficult to imagine, but this one could be
useful pretty soon.

Best wishes,

Jean-Guilhem

--