[HOT] HOT Scholarship to SotM? Opinions? Ideas? Thoughts?

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 11:31:38 BST 2012

Hi Kate,

When I first saw that SotM was going to be in Japan I wondered if
scholarships would be available, but then I started to think that there was
likely to be people living in areas of HOT deployments (and working on
ongoing projects) that may benefit more from the experience, or the
required finances.

Using SotM to build networks and skill sets with current volunteers seems
like an extremely good use of money, in my opinion. Hardware and imagery
can always be borrowed, leased or put on finance in the future; SotM
scholarships seem like a good way of fostering skills and connections that
may be very hard to establish in any other way. Of course, I've not been
involved in any fund-raising, so it's not my money I'm suggesting gets
spent :)

Cheers, Joseph