[HOT] Senegal - Dakar Flooding Activation

william skora skorasaurus at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 13:08:37 BST 2012

Pavithran,
Good insight and point for discussion. I've seen these in Dakar and
other residential areas in Senegal, first-hand. As I understand and
have seen, these spaces have a variety of functions, depending on the
context. I've seen them used as very informal pitches that
neighborhood kids used to play games of soccer, people parking their
cars, and even as spaces for neighborhood gatherings (like a public
meeting or even a funeral once), or parties.
I haven't found an appropriate tag for them yet, leave them untagged
for the moment, haven't seen anyone else tag them yet but am eager to
hear what others, especially the local mappers in Senegal, would
think. I'll forward this to talk-sn and ask them of their thoughts.

-will.