[HOT] random question

Banick, Robert Robert.Banick at redcross.org
Thu Dec 6 12:35:40 GMT 2012

Hi All,

I've been working with an ICT4D class out out Tulane University to map the neighborhood of Bwaise in Kampala, in preparation for some Red Cross work in the coming year. Some of our students have been encountering the following problem when uploading, and I'm stumped. Do any of you have a suggestion?

"I was just trying to do some finishing touches on one of my squares and I keep getting the message: "An unexpected exception occurred. This is always a coding error. If you are running the latest version of JOSM, please consider being kind and file a bug report." Then, it will not let me upload my changes. I have saved my map to my desktop, so the map that you will receive with my reflection will be the updated one. Unfortunately, I cannot update the actual thing."

The attached file is one of the OSM files that the students are trying to upload. I get the same error when I try to upload from my computer. Can any of you see what the problem with it is?

Best,
Robert

Robert Banick | GIS Coordinator | International Services | Ì American Red Cross<http://www.redcross.org/>
2025 E Street NW, Washington, DC 20006
Tel 202-303-5017 | Cell 404-964-3451 | Fax 202-303—052 | Skype robert.banick