[HOT] Re : RDC-Congo Pre-Activation : Lac Kivu

Pierre Béland infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr
Wed Dec 12 14:38:40 GMT 2012

Hi Michael,

This is Ohr POI's who made me spot rgc.cd site. A person in Kinshasa related to this site told me that some of the data is 6-7 years old but in general of good quality.

Talking of wiki, I created the following wiki page for this activation : http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/RD_Congo_Kivu

We are still in Pre-Activation but discussions are ungoing  with UN agencies and
humanitarian NGO's to re-evaluate the situation and obtain Imagery through the US Dept of State.

Pierre