[HOT] [tasking_manager] new page layout

Pierre GIRAUD pierre.giraud at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 21:03:22 GMT 2012

Hi all,

I spent my free time during the last past week trying to enhance the
behavior of the tasking manager interface.
I now have a version with which I'm pretty confident.

The main goals were:
 - to avoid long page due to long description,
 - to reduce the number of page reloads.

So now, it relies on tabs and many XHR (AJAX) request.
You can watch a (bad quality) screencast on youtube [1].

At the same time, I added a feature which allows users to retake a
task if its validity (time left) expired. I think this one was a
must-have.

But when I say "now", I should say "soon" because it has not been
installed on the server yet. I would like to know if you're confident
with it too, and if you're ready to report bugs. There may be some
hidden ones.
Or maybe, we need a different instance for beta tests.

What do you think?

Pierre

[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmq_SashUPM