[HOT] Incorrect sketching and tagging

Big Fat Frog bigfatfrog67 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 14:29:54 BST 2012

Hi all,

While mapping "Lombok Island" and also validating others' work I've
noticed a recent tendancy for some to double sketch.  I've seen
duplicate tags for Mosques right next to each other, I've seen
residential areas traced on top of each other and I've seen roads traced
on top of each other!  Are there and computerised processes adding these
features without seeing the human added versions or are people simply
doing stuff twice?

Also, there is a common habit by some to tag "Residential Roads" and
"Living Streets".  Please not the differences between the two as they
are quite different,  a "Living Street" is not a road people live on.
Maybe this is a English translation issue. A "Residential Road" is a
road with predominately houses on it.  A "Living Street" is a road where
no one road user has a priority over others.  As far as I know it is
exclusively found in Western cities/towns who seeking to bring
pedestrians and cyclist back into town centres.

Cheers

Jonathan