[HOT] Incorrect sketching and tagging

Stephane Goldstein s.n.g at gmx.com
Thu Jun 21 17:28:14 BST 2012

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Big Fat Frog
  Sent: 06/21/12 02:29 PM
  To: HOT Openstreetmap
  Subject: [HOT] Incorrect sketching and tagging

Hi all,

While mapping "Lombok Island" and also validating others' work I've
noticed a recent tendancy for some to double sketch. I've seen
duplicate tags for Mosques right next to each other, I've seen
residential areas traced on top of each other and I've seen roads traced
on top of each other! Are there and computerised processes adding these
features without seeing the human added versions or are people simply
doing stuff twice?