[HOT] Incorrect sketching and tagging

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Fri Jun 22 02:44:00 BST 2012

Hi All,

I'd like to mention that a lot of the mapping going on in Lombok
Island is happening by the local community there. They are pretty new
to OSM so it takes time to work on QA and the correcting some of the
tagging. There is a lot of work going on now to standardize on a set
of presets for the mapping there.

The other thing is as Jaakko said living street matches the situation
on the ground quite often. If you look elsewhere in Indonesia it is
heavily utilized. It has been used in other countries in the same
context.

The duplicates problem appears to be an Internet connection problem.
It happens quite frequently in Indonesia and I don't think it is a
matter of people not downloading the data first. At least in
situations where the duplicates match exactly, which seems to be
happening often.

-Kate