[HOT] Editing grids

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Sat Jun 23 06:53:56 BST 2012

The intent is not to have people upload the grid squares. I don't
believe Potlatch causes a problem since it shows as an overlay.

The issue occurs when people merge the grid with the data they
download from JOSM.  Perhaps a warning when the grid is downloaded
will help with the situation.

Jaakko, to answer your question I don't think we should leave it for
the validators. It is hard to get people to validate as it is. I think
editing a little over the edge is fine. There shouldn't be problems
with editing conflicts really at least no worse than when we didn't
have the Tasking Manager and people just edited where they thought
work needed to happen.

-Kate