[HOT] Re : Blog post about last weeks Camp Roberts/RELIEF Mapping

Pierre Béland infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr
Wed May 30 19:42:59 BST 2012

Each project has is particularities and I agree that we should provide more
guidelines when possible. I prefer to put guidelines in the Task Manager Workflow page. Tutorials and tools such as JOSM Plugins, Presets and
StyleSheets also help.

Inside the camps, it would effectively good to suggest the type of road to use.

I mapped areas in three of the camps.  It was tedious to trace these
dozens of crossing roads.   After many hours of repetitive tracing, I
found little tricks to simplify the tracing in the context of these camps. To trace more simply and rapidly, I managed to use UtilsPlugin2 plugin and a custom Refugee Camp Preset.

add all the ways crossing each other, I first traced all the vertical
and horizontal lines ignoring the crossing points. Then I selected all
these vertical and horizontal ways to have the possibility to do some
kind of batch processing.

	* UtilsPlugin2 Shif+I added all the nodes at the crossing points.
	*  Custom Preset added tags simultaneously to all these ways. For example, this added highway=service and source=Nextview.
 Pierre