[HOT] Remote mapping tagging

hyances at gmail.com hyances at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 03:13:45 BST 2012

Hi,

Maybe could help if we classified highways tags by scenario:

- Urban (vehicules): residencial, service, living_street
- Urban (people): path (natural), footway (pedestrian)
- Rural (vehicules): track(tracktype)
- Rural (people): path
- interconecting highways between towns: unclassified, terciary

It seems road tag is temporarily in the mean while we get knowledge about
what type of highway is.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Droad

If possible some pictures on ground could be useful to discussion.