[HOT] New Task: Carles Post-Disaster Tracing

Nick Allen nick.allen.54 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 00:18:24 UTC 2013

Hi,

Having just completed one of the squares for this task, a few notes
which may help (It's not easy, so be prepared to take your time & do
your best);

If using JOSM, load not only the imagery linked to the task, but also
Bing or whatever imagery was first used. By hiding the different layers
you can then compare the before (Bing?) & after imagery to see how the
building has changed.

Alignment - slightly different to the existing tracing. As usual no gps
traces available, but always worth trying.

History - Be prepared to look at the history of buildings - on my square
someone had been creating new buildings using the post disaster imagery
12 hours before I started - they were only tagged as building=yes, so it
took me a few minutes of investigation to work out what had been done
(Ctrl+h in JOSM will bring up the history of a selected node or way).

Tents - I'm fairly certain that at least two of the buildings added 12
hours ago are actually tents - they are on the site of old buildings or
nearby, but are a completely different outline. I've done a search on
the wiki, but nobody seems to have been mentioning tagging them before -
I've tagged mine 'building=tent' until someone comes up with a better
scheme.

Nick

Volunteer 'Tallguy' for
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team

Mapping volunteer 'Tallguy' for http://www.openstreetmap.org
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/>

Treasurer, website & Bonus Ball admin for
http://www.6thswanleyscouts.org.uk/ (treasurer at 6thswanleyscouts.org.uk
<mailto:treasurer at 6thswanleyscouts.org.uk>)