[HOT] CAR Activation; experienced mappers to finish the import of UNICEF data?

Rafael Avila Coya ravilacoya at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 18:26:17 UTC 2013

Hi again:

I am just importing the data for a tile as a test (the one that has
Berbérati town in the SE corner ( http://osm.org/go/wJ4HSfE- )).

I've seen three things that I am in doubt:

In the Education import:

1) All schools have a 'fixme' tag that doesn't make any sense for me,
and that I left unchanged. They are like fixme=16.9603;7.62196 . They
look geolocation data, but they don't match with the latitude/longitude
of the place at all. One example is this node (École Saint Beris):

http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2590517305

2) Some schools have the 'capacity:classrooms', 'capacity:pupils' and
'capacity:teachers' with value "0". Shouldn't it be set to "unknown" in
case there is no data of number of classrooms and pupils/teachers
capacity, as it doensn't make sense a school without classrooms, nor
pupils nor teachers?

I am now with the Water wells import:

3) All nodes have a 'operator' tag that is set to "yes" or "no". I think
this should be wrong. Even if we think that the mistake is about mixing
'operator' with 'operational_status' tags, it isn't again the point, as
there are wells that are set with operational_status=closed +
operator=yes, and wells that have operational_status=open + operator=no.

As for the Health import I didn't spot any problem, but I would suggest
to add to the wiki the meaning of the abbreviations to help mappers to
change the names accordingly:

CS = Centre de Santé
PS = Poste de Santé
HR = Hôpital Regional