[HOT] CAR Activation; experienced mappers to finish the import of UNICEF data?

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Sun Dec 22 21:57:39 UTC 2013

> From: Rafael Avila Coya [mailto:ravilacoya at gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: [HOT] CAR Activation; experienced mappers to finish the
> import of UNICEF data?
>
> Hi again:
>
> I am just importing the data for a tile as a test (the one that has
> Berbérati town in the SE corner ( http://osm.org/go/wJ4HSfE- )).
>
> I've seen three things that I am in doubt:
>
> In the Education import:
>
> 1) All schools have a 'fixme' tag that doesn't make any sense for me,
> and that I left unchanged. They are like fixme=16.9603;7.62196 . They
> look geolocation data, but they don't match with the latitude/longitude
> of the place at all. One example is this node (École Saint Beris):
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2590517305

I had a look at this and there are a number of tags which are not in the
Proposal which was consulted on with imports at .

Please hold off doing any more of these imports until these issues get
Resolved, or the changes are consulted on.

Also, for the fixme, I'd suggest deleting it when you've got the position right.