[HOT] CAR Activation; experienced mappers to finish the import of UNICEF data?

Severin MENARD severin.menard at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 22:22:37 UTC 2013

Hi Rafael,

My comments inline (I deleted my first message; I do not understand why a
whole wikipage shows up).

> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 13:15:24 +0100
> From: Rafael Avila Coya <ravilacoya at gmail.com>
> To: hot at openstreetmap.org
> Subject: Re: [HOT] CAR Activation; experienced mappers to finish the
>         import of UNICEF data?

> Hi, S?verin:
>
> I will be glad to collaborate in this import.

Thanks!

> Its wiki is very clear, but I have a small question:
>
> In the UNICEF import wiki it says, in the "Roads" subsection (
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import_CAR_UNICEF_workflow#Roads ),
> that if a road doesn't exist, we can use the workflow for the WRI data
> import.
>
> In the "Road network" section of the WRI import wiki it says the job
> will be coordinated through the job http://tasks.hotosm.org/job/219 ,
> but once you go there, there is a note that says: THIS JOB IS
> UNDERTAKEN BY A SPECIFIC TEAM, PLEASE DO NO PROCESS IT.

Actually, I had in mind to use Bing imagery to trace the roads; I added
that to the Wiki page. WRI imagery is not accurate for roads and would
serve only as an indication of the existence of a road to be traced with
Bing Imagery. Anyway I think process to one import + one check on another
source would be tricky

> What to do then?
>
> I can start working with the UNICEF import, but will ignore that road
> WRI import for the time being, to save time.

WRI data import will be interesting for the landuses (this data has been
created from remote sensing), but it is not a priority for the moment

> Cheers,
>
> Rafael ?vila.
>

> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 19:26:17 +0100
> From: Rafael Avila Coya <ravilacoya at gmail.com>
> To: hot at openstreetmap.org
> Subject: Re: [HOT] CAR Activation; experienced mappers to finish the
>         import of UNICEF data?
>
> Hi again:
>
> I am just importing the data for a tile as a test (the one that has
> Berb?rati town in the SE corner ( http://osm.org/go/wJ4HSfE- )).
>
> I've seen three things that I am in doubt:
>
> In the Education import:
>
> 1) All schools have a 'fixme' tag that doesn't make any sense for me,
> and that I left unchanged. They are like fixme=16.9603;7.62196 . They
> look geolocation data, but they don't match with the latitude/longitude
> of the place at all. One example is this node (?cole Saint Beris):
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2590517305

The key was not a good choice when set: it is not a fixme, but actually
just a remember of te original poisiton of the UNICEF data. But I am
surprised you say it does not matchwith the actual place

> 2) Some schools have the 'capacity:classrooms', 'capacity:pupils' and
> 'capacity:teachers' with value "0". Shouldn't it be set to "unknown" in
> case there is no data of number of classrooms and pupils/teachers
> capacity, as it doensn't make sense a school without classrooms, nor
> pupils nor teachers?

Right, the original data was with 0, but unknown would be better.

> I am now with the Water wells import:
>
> 3) All nodes have a 'operator' tag that is set to "yes" or "no". I think
> this should be wrong. Even if we think that the mistake is about mixing
> 'operator' with 'operational_status' tags, it isn't again the point, as
> there are wells that are set with operational_status=closed +
> operator=yes, and wells that have operational_status=open + operator=no.

Actually operator measns if there is someone specifically caring for the
water well. If this is a community one, operator=no

> As for the Health import I didn't spot any problem, but I would suggest
> to add to the wiki the meaning of the abbreviations to help mappers to
> change the names accordingly:
>
> CS = Centre de Sant?
> PS = Poste de Sant?
> HR = H?pital Regional