[HOT] Mali and Syria

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Sun Feb 3 01:24:50 GMT 2013

On 2 February 2013 06:49, Kate Chapman <kate at maploser.com> wrote:

> If we could have some virtual training to help people get started we
> would very likely increase the number of people helping.

Picking up on the virtual training angle, I think this could be relatively
easy to facilitate through Google Hangouts. They allow scren sharing and
connectivity seems to be very reliable.

One problem, especially with complex emergencies, is that Google Hangouts
are public unless you are using Google Apps. That means that it would be
impossible to protect activists from surveillance.