[HOT] Defining HOT Membership

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Thu Feb 28 05:36:59 UTC 2013

Hi All,

One of the things we'd like to do in order to make things more clear
within HOT for members, volunteers, staff, contractors or anyone else
that is involved is define membership.

There often is much confusion around what membership means within the
organization. The idea of membership was created when HOT incorporated
in August 2010 because someone needs to direct and steer the
organization. There are other ways to do this with non-profits, but
the reason I thought having members was the best path. Basically it
allows for new people to eventually be responsible for the goals and
visions of the organization.

So I've created a hackpad(1) where we can discuss these things. We can
also have some IRC or Skype meeting to further iron things out as
well.

If you have any questions or would like to set-up some time to
individually discuss this let me know.

(1) https://hackpad.com/HOT-Membership-CPDCgpsrsb1

-Kate