[HOT] Droid app for mapping

Banick, Robert Robert.Banick at redcross.org
Thu Oct 10 11:09:28 UTC 2013

We've been using GPS Essentials at the Red Cross but only because we can't
find a better alternative. I agree with your assessment.

OSMAnd is a good piece of software but the user interface is a bit of a
maze. Untrainable.

Haven't tried the others.

I would die of happiness if someone would create a simple, stable GPS app
that loaded in OSM in the background and had a non-crazy UI for track
management.

Robert Banick | Field GIS Coordinator | International Services | Ì
American Red Cross <http://www.redcross.org/>
2025 E Street NW, Washington, DC 20006
Tel 202-303-5017 | Cell 202-805-3679 | Skype robert.banick