[HOT] TYPHOON RUBY - TASK CREATION NOTICE #798 - URGENT RESPONSE

Mark Cupitt markcupitt at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 07:50:47 UTC 2014

Dear All

Typhoon Ruby is currently expected to make landfall in South East Samar
early Sunday Morning.

In support of The Philippine Government, Red Cross/Red Crescent, DHN and
other Agencies, we have created our first task for this Activation.
http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/798

We have requested new Satellite Imagery for Samar and Other potentially
impacted areas which is being processed which will be available tomorrow.

In the mean time, This task covers an area with HiRes Bing Imagery. Some of
this area was sporadically mapped during the Haiyan response, but we need
to improve on this work and add new features for this Response.

We will be looking to add or improve the following features

*roads; schools, hospitals, churches, buildings, residential and commercial
areas and waterfronts, malls, sports complexes.*

This is a larger area, if you need to split the tiles you can do so up to
two times.

*We ask all Hotties to help in the response and to map this task as quickly
as possible. We expect to make tasks available within 24 hours with new
imagery covering coastal areas and with a better understanding of exactly
where the landfall will occur.*

Best Regards

Mark Cupitt

"If we change the world, let it bear the mark of our intelligence"

Hire Me on Freelancer

See me on Open StreetMap <https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Mark_Cupitt>

See me on LinkedIn <http://ph.linkedin.com/in/markcupitt>

*See me on StackExchange <http://gis.stackexchange.com/users/17846/mark-c>*

The contents of this email are intended only for the individual(s) to whom
it is addressed and may contain
recipient, you must not disclose, copy, distribute,
or use the contents of this email. If you have received this email in
error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete the email and any attachments.