[HOT] Requesting a Task for mapping forest tracks in Portugal

Rafael Avila Coya ravilacoya at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 14:44:12 UTC 2014

Olá, Marco:

I could set that/those jobs in the Tasking Manager for you. For that
purpose, we need to know the areas you need to map more urgently. From
your 2011 link, I can see 3 areas in red (Very high risk - Risco muito
elevado):

1) The area that covers most of Viana do Castelo prov., going South
through the West of Vila Real and East of Braga and Oporto provinces
and West of Viseu and East of Aveiro provinces.

2) The area that covers the East half of Coimbra province, Sout West
corner of Guarda prov., West third of Castelo Branco prov. and the NE
corners of Leiria and Santarém provinces.

3) North half of Algarve.

There are other areas with more scattered reds, like in Braganza and
Guarda.

I would suggest starting with one of those 3 areas and see how the
community respond to the call.

What do you exactly want to map. Only tracks, or we include paths as
well. It would be nice to set some tagging guidelines.

I am currently in Galicia ( http://osm.org/go/b8f3vJgU-?m= ), just 10
km from the border with Viana do Castelo province, and all time for me
(no problem with communication in Portuguese).

Saúde,

Rafael Ávila Coya.

On 07/07/14 14:09, Marcos Oliveira wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> The Portuguese OSM community
> <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Portugal> is looking to map
> the forest tracks of places that are under the highest risk of fire
> (link 1 <http://scrif.igeo.pt/cartografiacrif/2007/crif07.htm>),
> (link 2
> <http://www.dgterritorio.pt/cartografia_e_geodesia/cartografia/cartografia_tematica/cartas_de_risco/>),

you can find the mailing list topic that started the discussion here