[HOT] Launching the hot mailing list in French

Fran Boon francisboon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 11:20:18 UTC 2014

On 11 July 2014 12:01, Michael Collinson <mike at ayeltd.biz> wrote:
> support-but-not-control mission of the OSMF

This is exactly what comes to my mind observing this discussion...I
would much prefer to see the HOT board being supportive rather than
trying to be controlling.

> 1) We (OpenStreetMap) do draw a firm distinction between OSM and OSMF, i.e.
> a broad community with fuzzy membership and a, well, bureaucratic
> organisation with with specific finite membership. In line with that, our
> osmf-* lists are only generated after broader discussion and may involve
> board sanction.  Should HOT reflect that distinction in some way?

I think this is the real nub of many of our community's current problems!

Is HOT primarily:
(A) HOT Inc (like OSMF)
(B) Community (like OSM)

Many here see HOT as primarily B with HOT Inc being present to provide Support.

It would be nice if HOT Inc were the 'HOT Foundation' which would
phrase it nicely & allow the distinction to be drawn more
easily....and drawing a parallel with the parent OSM...

Best Wishes to all,
Fran.