[HOT] Launching the hot mailing list in French

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 11:46:29 UTC 2014

> On 11 July 2014 12:01, Michael Collinson <mike at ayeltd.biz> wrote:
>> support-but-not-control mission of the OSMF
>
> This is exactly what comes to my mind observing this discussion...I
> would much prefer to see the HOT board being supportive rather than
> trying to be controlling.

I know we all read emails a bit differently from each other, but to me
Heather's message was not "controlling" - she wasn't asking for
control, she was asking for discussion. Related to that, I agree with
what Joseph Reeves just wrote: it makes sense to discuss these things
first, especially for HOT which _is_ more structured than OSM in
general. I'll stop typing now because I think Joseph already put it
well.

Best wishes,
Dan