[HOT] Ebola Outbreak Activation

AYTOUN RALPH ralph.aytoun at ntlworld.com
Wed Jul 16 08:50:56 UTC 2014

In Vol 53 Issue 35 I see mentioned that you want to close down the eastern
part of Task 568 because there is no imagery.

I looked at one of the eastern tiles, the top left hand corner, one tile
down (the one below Masundu). I could not get any imagery from the Mapbox
that was mentioned in the Task Manager and saw that the tile had been
marked red as complete. I looked at the Bing imagery for that tile and
found Highway=tracks and paths and also buildings. If you want I could go
back to that task and add the detail that I have seen on Bing (if that is
acceptable) and then validate the tiles.
I was not looking at the suggested imagery so, rather than do something
wrong I decided to leave it for someone else to validate or correct.
I cannot always access the imagery requested in the Task Manager and when
this happens I just do not work on that task as there are plenty of others
to do.
More recent tasks have had a link to the requested imagery that works very
well and I have been able to work on those tiles without any difficulty.
Thank you whoever for that improvement.
I have also noticed that some mappers have been creating buildings with
random shapes not using the squaring or rounding tools available (something
I was guilty of when I first started). On a number of tiles I have had to
delete all the buildings and redraw them as they bore no resemblance to the
buildings on the imagery. Fortunately this is not happening too often.
Happy Mapping
Ralph