[HOT] Boosting LearnOSM

Nick Allen nick.allen.54 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 15:20:00 UTC 2014

Robert, Rafael, Paul, Kate & Severin (+?)

Anything I've created on the wiki is either directly from me, or an
expansion of something that Severin has started & asked me to expand on.
I have no problem copying that text & pasting it into something else,
such as an email, google document or whatever else is needed & I have no
wish to have any 'rights' over it. If someone with greater skills than
me can produce something useful from it on LearnOSM, that would be
great. Whatever they produce would be a rewrite of whatever I produced &
would be more recent & would supersede the existing data on the wiki.

I can see that the screenshots would need redoing, but I have the
originals, which I can place wherever they are needed - they are
obviously derived from shots of OSM, JOSM, or ....., but surely that is
the case with anything else that is in LearnOSM?

As I always do, I would then delete anything out of date I find, and add
a link to where the new info can be found.

Is there a problem with this?

Nick

On 31/07/14 15:58, Banick, Robert wrote:

> Paul is saying that the OSM wiki license is actually more restrictive
> than LearnOSM, so it’s a problem with that license. We would have to
> make our license more restrictive – and hence less useful to others –
> if we wanted to go that way. Which is super frustrating of course.
>
> **
>
> *Robert Banick* | Field GIS Coordinator | International Services |
> ÌAmerican Red Cross <http://www.redcross.org/>
>
> 2025 E Street NW, Washington, DC 20006
>
> Tel 202-303-5017 | Cell 202-805-3679 | Skype robert.banick

Nick

Volunteer 'Tallguy' for
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team

http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Tallguy

Treasurer, website & Bonus Ball admin for
http://www.6thswanleyscouts.org.uk/ (treasurer at 6thswanleyscouts.org.uk
<mailto:treasurer at 6thswanleyscouts.org.uk>)