[HOT] Boosting LearnOSM

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Thu Jul 31 21:52:22 UTC 2014

Right when LearnOSM was first made those that made it picked the license.
The reason being was that it was felt having a less restrictive license was
better for the spread of the materials. The issue we've run into is the
CC-BY-SA license requires an equivalent or equal license to itself. CC0
then is not compatible. It is possible to take all the LearnOSM material
and put it into the wiki, but then it can't go back to LearnOSM.

With the FlossManuals translation all the LearnOSM materials were used as a
start, but now the issue is it can't go backwards.

Sure we could technically just change the license, but I think it is a bit
rude not to discuss it first. Most of HOT's licensing of software and text
has leaned toward CC0 or MIT/BSD style licenses.

-Kate

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 10:58 AM, Banick, Robert <Robert.Banick at redcross.org