[HOT] why is the imagery I see going gray?

Ray Kiddy ray at ganymede.org
Wed Nov 19 06:18:58 UTC 2014

Hello -

I am trying to do some edits on task # 765. Here I am at the
bottom-left of my grid.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?editor=id&#map=17/12.34481/-9.10106

This all looks cleat to me, but it is a bit small. But when I
double-click in one more time, to:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?editor=id&#map=18/12.34492/-9.10084

then I can briefly see the imagery but then, within a second, it fades
to a uniform gray. What is up? The imagery at the higher-resolution
obviously exists, because I catch just a glimpse of it, But that is
really not enough time to identify anything. I am going to unlock and
try again later. Any suggestions?

thanx - ray

BTW, I am using the iD editor with Firefox 33.0 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.