[HOT] [Tag] #767 - Mali, Bamako

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Sat Nov 22 18:29:31 UTC 2014

Hi
The objective is not to make micro-mapping of each parcel and more to trace residential areas in rural areas.

There were some discussions on this, but I dont think that there is consensus on this. In urban areas, we shoud simply have a large polygon around the urban area and not cut at each street.  And I would be surprised to see farmlands inside a dense area like Bamako.
If you trace a large residential polygon, and inside it small polygons for schools, hospitals or any other landuse, you do not need to cut everything. The Map Renderers should know how to interpret this.
 Pierre