[HOT] Peace Corps ramping up our contributions

David Schmitt david at black.co.at
Sat Oct 4 20:33:15 UTC 2014

Hi Patrick,

awesome to see the many diverse projects for fixing the world!

On 2014-10-02 14:27, Choquette, Patrick wrote:
> I wanted to drop a note to say that we are Peace Corps are ramping up
> our contributions to OSM. We held 10+ mappy hours and have been pushing
> our folks to tasks on the task manager.
>
> We are now dipping our toe into creating our own tasks. We are starting
> with a number of med priority tasks centered around our malaria efforts
> in Africa. We just posted our first two last night and have a mappy hour
> planned for this evening to see if we can finish the tasks.
>
> Any help, feedback or requests from the community are more than welcome.

After finishing the #668 task, I've taken a look at #669 and found this:

	http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/669#task/50

Looking at it in the data view (or downloading the tile into josm)
reveals quite a mess with weird tracing and tagging. I've seen similar
(albeit on a much smaller scale) tagging on the other task. There I've
just fixed it and notified the user. Having the same weird stuff here
suggests a kind of training fail to me. Maybe you want to check up on
the people on your side and the training material to find out where
there's something fishy going on.

I've not touched this for now, but would I start on this, I'd probably
just erase all (or most of it) and start from scratch.

Regards, David