[HOT] OSM humanitarian layer as an ArcGIS basemap?

Peter Chin Peter.Chin at redcross.ca
Thu Oct 9 02:30:52 UTC 2014

Thanks for sharing, Maning.  I tried it out on my current QGIS set-up ( version 2.4.0): it's in the the Web dropdown menu, then choose Openlayers plugin, then the OpenstreetMap layer, which includes the Humanitarian style, then zoom to layer to view the base map zoomed out.  BTW, the Openlayers plugin also includes some nice Stamen designed OSM base maps.  Very cool! In older QGIS versions, it can be found in Plugins > OpenLayers Plugin > Add your OSM layer. Cheers.

Peter Chin
Remote Mapping Volunteer, Canadian Red Cross
E-mail: peter.chin at redcross.ca
Canadian Red Cross Shelter Cluster Project:  www.sheltercluster.org/Asia/Philippines/Pages/default.aspx