[HOT] Task 661 (Ebola, DRC), road vs path

Charlotte Wolter techlady at techlady.com
Sun Oct 12 18:23:38 UTC 2014

Hi, Dan,

         Despite the fact that most hamlets are reached
by something as wide as a vehicle. it doesn't seem to be the case for the
houses at the upper left.
         Also it doesn't make sense for a road to become a path and
then a road
again (though, I guess it's possible).
         I think it's likely that the houses at the upper left are
reached only by
a path. The open areas in the front of them are probably ground beaten down
by repeated foot traffic, not by vehicle use.
         That's my take. I wonder what others think.

Charlotte

At 09:47 AM 10/12/2014, you wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Just having a mini discussion with another mapper about road vs path.
>We're both familiar with the Highway Tagging Africa scheme, but we
>drew different conclusions about the particular routes we were looking
>at. So it'd be handy if anyone wants to comment on road-vs-path for this
>location:
>http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/-0.32568/20.94023
>And, who knows, maybe it would be suitable to use as an example for
>future mappers, since we didn't intuitively come to the same conclusions.
>
>Thanks
>Dan

Charlotte Wolter
927 18th Street Suite A