[HOT] [Ebola] Import of 14, 020 United Nations Mission in Liberia place nodes

Rafael Avila Coya ravilacoya at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 20:11:52 UTC 2014

Hi, Ralf:

I see now that I have misunderstood from the beginning what you wanted
to explain, so I beg your pardon for making you loose your time.

I've been thinking all this time that what you proposed to do was to
unify in one node several nodes with a names like Bupolu A, Bupolu B,
that were over different settlements, and not in different areas of
one large village or town.

What you propose to do makes, therefore, a lot of sense. In any case,
I wonder why we have several nodes only different by a letter or
number at the end of their names, but with different unmil:id's too.
There must be a reason for that, and I guess only people who gathered
that data can answer that question.

Sorry again,

Rafael.

On 14/10/14 15:51, Ralf Stephan wrote:
> Hi Rafael,
>
> "Although I answered to this before, I would add that having one
> single name in several nodes, with 1, 2, 3... or A, B, C... or I,
> II, III... added to the end to differentiate them is quite common
> in many countries in Africa. You can find many of them in Central
> African Republic or Nigeria, as just two examples. I again would
> leave all those nodes separated as they are, and not condense them
> in one. I can't assure you that they are automatically produced,
> but it could very likely not be the case."
>

> ​It's a pity that you do not differentiate in your answer cases
> where there is no corresponding settlement to be found, or where
> there are not likely to be sub-names, e.g., Name A and Name B in a
> compact hamlet.
>
> Of course I have always agreed with your opinion when it comes to
> separated settlements or distant neighbourhoods.
>
> Regards,​

- --
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ravilacoya