[HOT] Idea: Feature identification 'forum'

ifrik ifrik at ifrik.org
Fri Oct 17 01:49:24 UTC 2014

H,

On 17/10/14 09:21, Pierre BĂ©land wrote:
> What would be great for this Ebola outbreak is to find expatriated people from Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone that could add some "color" to our map by adding street names and geolocate various infrastructures.

It doesn't need to be expatriated people only - it could also be people
who have worked there for a bit, all the different NGO staff or the
usual gap year student who've been teaching for a year...

And maybe in places with big migrant communities from that area, could
we specifically call for people to deal with the fixme's?
Gonig to a local meeting place with a laptop - or a projector - spend an
hour or so look at fixme's for a region?

For a workflow: The is the map-roulette for fixing errors - mainly with
routing issue in the US. It randomly pulls up an issue, and if you think
you can fix it you can do so, but if not it just pulls up the next one.
It's something where you can simply do a few at a time, with a very low
threshold.

greetings
antje