[HOT] Splitting an existing OSM file for a task

Mathieu Leduc-Hamel marrakis at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 17:46:34 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

I'm working with others at integrating existing data which is already in
OSM format into OpenstreetMap. We would like to use the OSM tasking manager
for that but we would have to split the existing osm files into smaller one
to create a grid of tasks....

I've found tools to split existing OSM files into smaller but not splitting
by geographic region, i was wondering what you guys are using.

If it imply any code, especially in Python no worry, we can do that :)

I've had a look at the hotosm repos on github but didn't found anything
specifically for that:

https://github.com/hotosm/

Thanks for your help

--