[HOT] Hot export : coordinate systeme

Fran Boon francisboon at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 08:46:33 UTC 2014

On 17 October 2014 07:46, Fred Moine <frmoine at gmail.com> wrote:
> Let see why it has been coded like that, but for esri users (most of the gis
> officer working in humanitarian are using Arcgis, for now) it could be
> interesting to have EPSG: 4326 like in Geofabrik  website.

Not just ESRI users, Sahana users also.

I can see why GeoJSON might be in Spherical Mercator by default, but
Shapefile is bizarre

Allowing users to select the projection will be ideal, but we'll still
want a sensible default both for those users who do this all the time
(1 less click) & those who don't read/understand properly ;)