[HOT] Video that Best Represents Our Work?

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Tue Oct 21 14:19:31 UTC 2014

Last year on the learning WG, we discussed about making videos tutorials but it did not go further.

This discussion on video tutorials brings in a few questions.

For buildings, the best practice is to use JOSM. We should first make videos for JOSM and I dont think that we should favor people using ID for example until a building plugin is provided.

In videos, it is important that Texts on the menu bar be readable.

A Text section that describes action, key pressed for a specific function, facilitates learning. For example :
- shortkey s Select features
- shortkey a Draw nodes and lines
- shortkey b Buildings
- shortkey x Surface making

I have seen various Tutorials with a detailed Table of contents and short videos for each task, a few minutes maximum. I think that this is the best approach. I wonder how verbose we should be.

A platform that facilitates translations should be used.

Pierre