[HOT] Video that Best Represents Our Work?

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 15:38:44 UTC 2014

On 10/21/2014 10:19 AM, Pierre BĂ©land wrote:

> For buildings, the best practice is to use JOSM. We should first make
> videos for JOSM and I dont think that we should favor people using ID
> for example until a building plugin is provided.

Hi Pierre,

I agree with you 100%, but I feel that reality is most new mappers use
iD and new mappers need support materials the most.

Done correctly iD can do the same job JOSM can for W. Africa building
mapping. It is a tiny bit more work, but not that bad.

The main thing is getting new mappers doing high quality mapping as
quickly as possible in whatever editor they want to use. If they are
doing the sort of mapping that JOSM makes easier but using iD I do not
think it matters at all they are using iD.

Having done a few informal tutorials, both text and video for HOT
mapping, every time I did only JOSM, I got a couple of emails asking for
the same thing in iD so now I focus on iD first and JOSM second.

Cheers,
Blake