[HOT] Installing Tasking Manager 2 on Debian Wheezy 7.6, 7.7 on AWS or VirtualBox Step by Step

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 14:05:31 UTC 2014

Hi,

I had the occasion to install the Tasking Manager 2 software a few times
in the past few days and distilled my steps down to a pretty simple list
that works every time for me on AWS or using a VirtualBox Virtual
Machine locally with Debian Wheezy 7.6 or 7.7 so I thought I would send
it to the list in case anyone wants to try installing the TM2.

The steps are for command line entry via SSH or local terminal.

I am only a basic GNU/Linux user so I am sure there is room for
improvement in the listed steps, corrections/improvements are welcome.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

sudo apt-get install git
sudo apt-get install python-pip
sudo apt-get install python-dev
sudo apt-get install postgresql-9.1
sudo apt-get install libpq-dev
sudo apt-get install postgresql-server-dev-9.1
sudo apt-get install libxml2
sudo apt-get install libxml2-dev
sudo apt-get install libgeos-3.3.3
sudo apt-get install libgeos-dev
sudo apt-get install libproj0
sudo apt-get install libproj-dev
sudo apt-get install libgdal1-dev

git clone --recursive git://github.com/hotosm/osm-tasking-manager2.git

wget http://postgis.net/stuff/postgis-2.1.4dev.tar.gz
tar -xvzf postgis-2.1.4dev.tar.gz
cd postgis-2.1.4dev
./configure
make
sudo make install
cd ..
cd osm-tasking-manager2/
sudo easy_install virtualenv
virtualenv --no-site-packages env

./env/bin/python setup.py develop (this might end with an error if you
have python 2.7.3 installed, but the install works fine if that last
successful output was for zope something)

sudo -u postgres createuser -SDRP www-data
sudo -u postgres createdb -O www-data osmtm
sudo -u postgres psql -d osmtm -c "CREATE EXTENSION postgis;"

vi development.ini (get the sqlalchemy entry so you can put it in
local.ini, and I change the ip address in this file to the machines
local or private ip address)
vi local.ini (create a sqlachemy entry with the username and db you created)

./env/bin/initialize_osmtm_db
./env/bin/pserve --reload development.ini