[HOT] Additional mailing lists for the HOT Working Groups?

Claire Halleux claire.halleux at hotosm.org
Tue Oct 28 22:09:20 UTC 2014

Hi Blake,

Indeed, you are not the only one to think this.
Initially I had thought that using the HOT OpenAtrium platform (used for
Board discussions) could actually help. It is possible to choose the level
of privacy/publicity for each section of that platform.
However, one of the remaining issue with OpenAtrium is that: to post or
answer a message, authentification would be required and one would not be
able to subscribe on her own (AFAIK).  Which means that it would be heavier
and less flexible in terms of user management. That aspect is much easier
managed by a simple public mailing list.

Therefore, I support your idea. We could at least start testing it within
the training working group if a few more people agree on it.
Creating another osm mailing list is not going to be really difficult if we
can first agree on its denomination and define its purpose.

Most appropriate communication tools might differ from one working group to
another but I think that this one could help at least our WG for some time.

Best,

Claire

Claire Halleux
Volunteer and Member of the Board