[HOT] Additional mailing lists for the HOT Working Groups?

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 17:53:22 UTC 2014

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone else thought additional, fully open,
mailing lists for the Working Groups (WG) would be of any benefit.

I would like to communicate with other members of the WGs I participate
in in a casual, continuing conversation about subjects we discuss in the
meetings but I do not see a good way to do that.

It might also provide a way for people who have an interest in the WG to
have interaction with or follow the group even if they cannot attend the
meetings.

We could use the main HOT list but that seems to be too broad of an
audience and risks making that list more bothersome than it needs to be.
I would like to feel free to send emails to my co-group members without
worrying it is increasing traffic on the main HOT email list.

Anyone should be able to subscribe to the WG email lists as they are not
intended to be private, just subject specific.

If they need moderation for spam, I am glad to moderate them.

Best wishes,
Blake