[HOT] Additional mailing lists for the HOT Working Groups?

Mark Cupitt markcupitt at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 03:09:30 UTC 2014

Hi All, Google Groups is a useful tool, so is HackPad, etc.

Forum Software like PHPBB3 is also a very useful tool for disseminating
information and participating in discussions.

Some features that may be relevant to HOT in a forum, setting ..

Joining is easy but can be moderated
BB can be arranged into different topics and Forums, so that things like
activation's, Working Groups can have their own areas.
Email notifications of new posts to members.
A good searchable archive.
Ability to upload files, etc.
Some areas can be restricted to specific members.

I have space and resources available on one of my servers and would be
willing to set up an instance so you could all see if it would work
satisfactorily.

Cheers

Mark

Regards

Mark Cupitt

"If we change the world, let it bear the mark of our intelligence"

Hire Me on Freelancer

See me on Open StreetMap <https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Mark_Cupitt>

See me on LinkedIn <http://ph.linkedin.com/in/markcupitt>

*See me on StackExchange <http://gis.stackexchange.com/users/17846/mark-c>*

The contents of this email are intended only for the individual(s) to whom
it is addressed and may contain
recipient, you must not disclose, copy, distribute,
or use the contents of this email. If you have received this email in
error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete the email and any attachments.